Shoulders are like your calves. Shoulder Exercises At Home helps you build better shoulders. While training with Shoulder workout, they usually remain unattended. However, you must understand a crucial fact. Like your legs, waist, and abs, your shoulders to are essential. These give you proper posture when you stand. A good pair of shoulders make you look good, as well. The upper body also requires training. Thus, you need to pay attention to your upper body when you are training to flaunt an incredible physique.
Training to get strong shoulders is especially essential for men. Rightly shaped shoulders help men accumulate the perfect V shape. However, before you get started with the workout, you must learn about the shoulder muscles. Your shoulders’ muscles are classified into three critical parts, including Anterior, Lateral, and, Posterior. To make your shoulders look good, you must train all three elements.
So, now the question is – can you perform shoulder exercises at home? Is there a way to achieve a set of activities without equipment? The answer is – yes, you can perform shoulder exercises at home and that too, without any equipment.
Why Should You Perform Shoulder Exercises Regularly?
Regular shoulder exercises make the muscles of the shoulder area strong. With Shoulder Exercises At Home, you will notice that your shoulder muscles have become more flexible. The shoulder exercises, when done regularly, increase the ability of motion. Besides, the shoulder muscle exercises beautify the upper body. These also make the shoulders broader.
Shoulder Exercises At Home
Now, let’s discuss some exercises you can perform at home. To accomplish this, you will not have to acquire any equipment. All you need is – yourself and your willingness to go forward with the training.
You should do this exercise in 4 sets, which will take 1 minute. Crab Walk is perfect for beginners. However, as you get the hang of it, you need to increase the workout time. This exercise trains your shoulders, your thighs, and your core.
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched forward.
- Now place your hands on the floor behind your hips. Keep the fingers facing towards your hips.
- Now, raise your body high enough to stretch your arms straight.
- In this position, you need to walk back and forth. Remember not to use speed here. Go slow and keep the walk as long as you can. You can burn 100 calories just from 10 minutes of crab walk.
Pike Push Up
Pike Push Up is another effective workout for the shoulders. To perform Pike Push Up, you will not need any equipment. It trains the shoulder muscles and gives you healthy and well build shoulders.
- It would be best if you went down on the floor in a plank position.
- Now, push your hips up in the air and stand in a downward-facing dog position.
- Once you have created a downward V shape, you need to push your shoulders down towards the floor. Keep moving till your head touches the ground. Push your shoulders up immediately. Do this for 9 to 10 times; this is one set. As a beginner, you can perform four sets.
Some consider this exercise the most difficult one. You will find that holding yourself in the air for at length of a couple of minutes is difficult. You will not need any equipment for this workout. This exercise also trains your core, your back, and your shoulders; this is a full-body workout.
- Go down on the floor
- Support your full body weight with your elbows and the ball of your feet
- Hold yourself in this position for 30 seconds
It would be best if you keep your shoulders straight when you are performing this exercise. Don’t allow your head to hunch. Or else you may end up suffering from a stiff neck.
Feet Elevated Plank
You need to perform this exercise in 2 sets. Each set should last from 30 seconds to 1 minute. However, this is for beginners. Experienced people can do more sets.
- You need to go down on the floor and elevate your upper body on your elbows
- Now, you need to put your feet up on a couch or a stool
- Hold yourself in this position for 30 seconds to 1 minute
Make sure to keep your abs engaged while you do this exercise. It will tighten your core and will give your strong shoulders.
V Shape Plank
V Shape Plank is an excellent exercise for strong shoulder muscles. You can perform two sets of this exercise. Each set for 30 to 1 minute. This exercise alone can train your shoulders, your core muscles, and your biceps.
- It would be best if you went on the floor in a simple plank position
- Now, you need to elevate your hips and create a downward-facing dog position
- Once you are in this potion, you need to spread your arms in front of you on the floor
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds to 1 minute
Shoulder Tap Plank Or Push Up
You may find performing this exercise a little tricky as it requires a lot of od stamina. However, once you get the hang of it, you will find it easy. You need to go for four sets for the best result. Each set should consist of 9 reps as part of Shoulder Exercises At Home.
- Go down on the floor on your hands and the toes of your feet.
- Now, push your entire weight down till your body remains an inch or so above the ground.
- Then slowly push yourself up on your arms till your arms are completely stretched.
- Hold yourself in this position and tap your right shoulder with your left hand.
- Place your hand back on the floor and repeat the entire exercise. However, this time when you push up, tap the opposite shoulder with your right hand.
When you tap your shoulder, make sure to hold your body in the position for a moment longer for the workout’s full impact.
Hindu Push Up
Hindu Push Up is another challenging workout for beginners. However, you will find it easy to perform after a time being. You must complete this exercise 8 to 10 times. You should do two sets of training daily for the best result. It trains the shoulders, chest, and biceps.
- Here also you need to create a downward-facing dog position. Place your hands and shoulder apart from each other. Also, it would be best if you placed your feet and hips apart.
- Once you have created the position, you need to push down your chest towards the ground. your arms will bend while you do this
- Now, push your upper body forward before raising yourself in the air until your arms stretch, and you come to the starting position.
Hindu Push Up is a great exercise to train your shoulders and chest; this is a more challenging version of the usual push up.
Broad Hand Pull Up
You will need a bar to perform this exercise. The bar should be strong enough to support your weight. This exercise trains your shoulders, your back, and your biceps. You need to perform four sets, 12 reps each, for the best result.
- Hold the bar with your palms. Your arms should be shoulder apart.
- Keep your legs off the ground by folding them. Now, hang down your body from the bar. Your arms will stretch when you do this.
- Now, you need to pull your body up. Your elbows will bend as you do it.
- You must hold yourself in the air after pulling your body up.
As a beginner, you may find the complete hand pulls up tricky. To ease the problem, you can go for a standard pull up by moving your hands closer together.
Decline Push Up
The form of push up can be a little tricky when you perform it for the first time. The exercise is going to help you get strong shoulders, bicep, and well-formed upper body. Do four sets of 15 reps.
- You will have to put your legs up on a stool or a chair to perform this exercise.
- It would be best if you placed your hands below the seat, on the ground
- Now, your job is to push yourself up slowly in the air
- Hold your body weight after raising yourself, then come down on the starting position
It would be best if you kept your shoulders straight while doing this exercise. Also, your eyes need to stare ahead so that your head remains straight. Hunched shoulder or neck may lead to neck or back injury.
Reverse Palm Push Up
Reverse Palm Push Up may seem a little tricky initially, but the exercise gets easy as you keep doing it; this targets your shoulders, triceps, and chest. Therefore, you get a lot by doing this one exercise.
- To perform this exercise, you need to place your palms in the reverse position. This means you need to turn your palms around and face the fingers’ tip at the backside instead of the front.
- Now, go down on the plank position and push your body up in the air.
- Hold yourself for a moment before lowering your body.
Reverse Palm Push Up is an effective workout which brings result quickly. You need to perform four sets and 15 reps.
Diamond Push Up
This Shoulder Exercises At Home along with your triceps and your chest. You need to perform at least four sets and nine reps.
- Here it would be best if you keep your palms together while doing the push-up. Spread your fingers to create a diamond shape. Keep in mind that Diamond Pushup is not an easy exercise to do. Therefore, give it a little time. Don’t try to speed up.
- Do your push-ups keeping the palms in the diamond position.
When you perform this exercise, you need to pay attention to your head. You keep your head straight and eyes downward. Make sure your shoulders are straight while performing the exercise.
Handstand Push Up
This exercise is a critical one. It would be best if you were a little careful as the chances of getting injured are too high. The exercise trains your shoulders, your upper chest, and your triceps. Do three sets, five reps.
- It would be best if you mastered the headstand position here. Go on this position. If required, support yourself against a wall.
- Now, you need to raise yourself in the air.
- Come down immediately and then push up again.
In case you find it challenging to perform, you can skip this exercise. It takes immense balance to accomplish this with skill and perfection.
Dead Stop Push Up
By doing this exercise, you will be able to train your chest, shoulders, and triceps. Do four sets, nine reps each.
- Go on a plank position
- Push yourself high in the air and then lower down on the ground
- Now raise both your palms off the ground
- It would be best if you held this position before placing the palms on the floor again
You will need a parallel dips bar for this exercise. It trains your chest, triceps, and shoulders. For the best result, you can do four sets, ten reps.
- It would be best if you grabbed the dips bars in your hand. Now raise your body in the air. Hold your position for a while
- Lower your body slowly before raising it in the air again
Shoulder Stretch is a simple exercise that is done to give your shoulder muscles the required stretches. You can do four sets, 30 seconds for each stretch.
It would help if you squeezed the shoulder blades. Shoulder stretch is best done while standing. It would be best if you pressed the shoulder blades together to perform this exercise. You will feel a slight bit. Hold the position for 30 seconds.
Shoulder Stretch is the last exercise of the set. It will relax your shoulders. You will also feel the tension leaving your shoulder muscles after performing this.
Quick Tips – Shoulder Exercises At Home
- Don’t forget to perform warmups before exercising
- Train your shoulders at least two times weekly
- Increase reps and sets as you get the hang of it
Commonly asked questions about Shoulder Exercises At Home
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Shoulder Exercises At Home.
What exercises train the shoulders?
Various exercises work well to train the shoulders. Plank is a fantastic exercise for the shoulders and core muscles. Crab walk is also a great exercise—the secret of success of consistency. It would be best if you were consistent in your effort to get the best result.
How can I build my shoulder muscles fast?
You will be able to build your shoulder muscles quickly by training your shoulder muscles regularly. Once you start doing this, you will see the result within a concise while.
What is the best exercise for sudden shoulder pain?
Many exercises work like wonder it comes to shoulder pain. From shoulder rolls to cross chest stretch, you can use any move to eliminate shoulder pain.