Lemon water with salt is good for everyone. Drinking a cup of warm water, sea salt, and lemon is the morning’s ideal start. It is a potent cleansing drink that energizes and refreshes your body. The best part is that it is very simple and quick to prepare. There is a multitude of health benefits of including this drink to your morning routine. It improves your immunity, productivity, boosts digestion, sheds belly fat, regulates fluid balance, reduces uric acid, fights inflammation, and much more.
The high content of vitamin C in the lemon and the essential minerals in sea salt are responsible for these benefits. So, if you want to get these benefits, keep reading this article. You will learn more about its benefits. And the right way to use this natural remedy for your overall health and wellness.
Is Salt And Lemon Water Good For You?
Yes. Lemons and Salt are beneficial for your body in myriad ways. They are excellent to fight against inflammation. One lemon has around 140 percent of the daily value for vitamin C. It boosts immunity and makes you resistant towards cold, cough, flu etc. A daily glass of lemon and saltwater aids in the efficient absorption of food and water.
It provides you the right mineral balance and enhances the assimilation of essential nutrients in the body. Sipping this water at regular intervals keeps your body adequately hydrated. Warm lemon and salt water is an effective detox agent for the cells. This is an ideal drink for promoting overall health and wellness in a person. (1)
Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon water with Salt
When you integrate lemon saltwater drink into your daily routine, you will get the below benefits:
- Lemon is a powerhouse of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. On the other hand, Himalayan Salt is packed with the goodness of vital minerals. The combination of these two healthy ingredients boosts your immune system.
- Warm lemon and sea salt drink act as a wonderful body cleanser. It flushes out the accumulated harmful toxins from the body. It lowers cellular toxicity and treats a variety of chronic ailments powerfully.
- It works by regulating the levels of minerals in the body. Warm lemon and salt drink is effective in lowering blood pressure. Vitamin C, potassium, and fiber help to flush out excessive levels of sodium from the body. In this way, it helps in the proper absorption of food and water. This enables essential nutrients to flow to the right areas of the body and adequately nourish the body.
- The alkalizing effects of warm water with lemon maintain the right pH of the body. It is important to ensure the optimal operation of the body.
- The high antioxidant levels are effective in destroying free radicals in the body that leads to muscle and bone issues. A healthy concoction of lemon and sea salt dissolves the deposition of uric acid in the joints. The drink also exhibits wonderful anti-inflammatory properties that can assist people who suffer from osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid. It helps in developing and repairing ligaments, bones, and tendons in the body.
- Due to high antioxidant levels, and detoxification properties, this drink clears your skin and gives it a fresh glow. The natural salts present in it are helpful in treating mild skin infections to chronic skin disorders such as eczema, and psoriasis.
- Lemon when mixed with Salt and consumed in warm water works as a natural antihistamine for seasonal allergies.
- This drink is also beneficial for people who suffer from high blood sugar levels. The rich fiber content of lemons works to balance blood sugar levels. It makes it beneficial for treating patients suffering from Type 2 diabetes and prediabetes.
- A combination of lemon and salt drink freshens up your breath. It destroys the bad breath bacteria that deposits while you sleep.
- Lemon water with salt delays aging. This happens due to the remarkable action of antioxidants in the drink. It destroys free radicals in the body that are responsible for aging signs. Lemon and Salt clear all blemishes on the skin and gives you healthier, and fair skin naturally.
- This drink also helps in boosting your sex drive. It possesses high vitamin C and hormone-balancing attributes that uplifts your mood.
- Sipping this beverage before breakfast, or after your meals promote sound digestive health. It gives an indication to the liver to secrete the necessary bile juices to flush out damaging gut bacteria. It has a good amount of dietary fibers that promote digestion.
Recipe – How do I make lemon water with salt?
Now that you have learned all its benefits, you may be excited to learn how to prepare it. You should note that while preparing the drink, use only natural sea salt, or Himalayan Salt. It has traces of minerals that are absent in table salt. So, to get the above health benefits, you should prepare the drink with natural sea salt.
- Add two teaspoons of pink Himalayan sea salt in four cups of warm water.
- Now add the juice of one medium-sized lemon to the drink to enhance the taste.
You can drink this concoction anytime during the day. People who are experiencing chronic constipation or irregular bowel movement should drink it in the morning on an empty stomach. This saltwater flush drink will help you regularize and ease your bowel movements.
When you drink this drink daily, it will boost your digestion. It will work as a laxative to give relief from constipation. It stimulates metabolism and aids in efficient absorption and assimilation of nutrients in the body. Lemon and salt drink detoxify your body naturally. You will notice that your skin will become healthy and naturally radiant. Regular consumption of the drink will help maintain the right levels of blood pressure, and blood sugar levels. To sum up, this simple morning drink will improve libido, and promote health, vitality, and overall wellness in the body.
Do not overconsume this drink as it can cause vomiting, and nausea in the body. The overload of sodium content may cause high blood pressure. Excess consumption of the drink may leave you dehydrated. It can cause an electrolyte imbalance due to the quick reduction of fluids, and sodium from the body.
You can also experience a few other discomforting signs such as
- muscle spasms
- irregular heartbeat
- blood pressure troubles
Saltwater flush is not permitted if you suffer from:
- heart issues
- kidney ailments
- high blood pressure, and
- inflammatory bowel disease, or intestinal ulcers
The Bottom Line
A saltwater flush provides several health benefits to a person. It is an ideal natural treatment for constipation and stomach issues. Do not overdo as it can cause a serious medical condition. Always talk to your doctor to determine if it is a suitable and safe option for you.
Is it good to drink lemon water with Salt at night?
Consuming the drink at night will treat all types of digestive troubles that include indigestion, heartburn, bloating, stomach infections, etc. It will boost your defense system in the body. It will energize the body.
Does lemon water with Salt cleanse the liver?
One of the key benefits of drinking warm lemon water with Salt is colon cleansing or liver detoxification. The high fiber, vitamin C and mineral content of the drink produces a laxative effect in the body. This vitamin produces a specific chemical “glutathione” that plays a remarkable role in the natural detoxification of the liver.
It creates an urgent bowel movement in just thirty minutes of consumption. This detoxifying drink flushes all toxins, parasites, and waste buildup from the digestive tract.