Let’s learn to make Honey And Lemon For Face. Using Honey and lemon for the face could be beneficial these are two natural ingredients that promote healthy skin. Lemon is known for its amazing antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties, while honey possesses remarkable moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties. Their combination can give you youthful, glowing, and nourished skin. In this article, we will take a look at the impact of honey and lemon on the face and ways to use them to get maximum benefits.
Some of the top beautiful ingredients of the world are not made in a laboratory; they are present in nature in fruits, herbs, and plants. Lemon and honey are such examples.
Lemon and Honey For Face Pack Recipe
Lemon juice will give you cleaner, fresher, and glowing skin. Honey will moisturize and give you an even tone skin. One of the ways to get these benefits is to use them in the form of a face mask. The beauty of this facial mask is that you can prepare it in various ways to heal a variety of skin issues naturally. Let’s learn to make Honey And Lemon For Face.
- Mask for oily skin: This mask reduces the excess production of sebum on the face. It also tightens the skin naturally. Take half a tablespoon of raw honey, one teaspoon of lemon juice, and one egg white. Combine them thoroughly. Whisk for a minute till it becomes foamy and smooth.
- Mask for acne-prone skin: Prepare this mask by mixing one teaspoon lemon juice, one teaspoon baking soda, and one tablespoon honey. Keep it for around fifteen minutes.
- Mask to lessen skin redness, and inflammation: Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon, two tablespoons honey, one teaspoon lemon juice. Leave it on for fifteen minutes.
- Mask for hyperpigmentation: People who suffer from skin discoloration, should mix one teaspoon lemon juice, one tablespoon yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, and one-fourth teaspoon turmeric powder. Leave it on for around fifteen minutes.
How to Apply Honey and Lemon Face Pack
Mix Honey and Lemon
To use Honey and Lemon for the face, Mix Honey and Lemon together in a cup or on a plate. Mix 2 tsp of honey with 1 tsp of Lemon Juice.
Apply on Face and Leave for 15 Minutes
Apply Honey and Lemon Face Pack with a cotton swab and leave it on your face for the next 15 minutes.
Wash with Cold Water
After Applying Honey and Lemon to Face, wash your face with cold water. Do not use face wash/ shampoo while using this mixture.
Estimated Cost: 25 INR
- Honey 2 tsp
- Lemon 1 Piece
How do I apply honey and lemon to my face?
Follow these steps to apply honey and lemon to the face.
- Prepare a thick mixture so that it stays on the face and does not drip.
- Start the process by washing your face.
- Now apply the face pack with the help of your fingers, or a clean brush.
- Cover your entire face leaving the eye region.
- Leave it on for twenty to thirty minutes. You will notice that the mask will become dry. You will notice that your skin slowly tightening.
- Rinse it using warm water and a soft cloth.
- Now pat dry your face. End the procedure by applying a light moisturizer.
Advantages Of Using Honey For Face
To give you a clear picture of the benefits of lemon and honey on the face, we will look at the benefits of each ingredient one by one. Honey has been used since ancient times to provide numerous benefits to the skin. Some of them being:
- Anti-bacterial nature: Honey can destroy different species of bacteria. People who suffer from pimple, acne, breakouts, etc. would really benefit from using honey on the face.
- Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory agent: Honey has specific polyphenol compounds, and flavonoid that works as a potent antioxidant. These compounds destroy the free radicals in the body. Honey is also a soothing agent that reduces inflammation on the skin. It gives relief from the discomforting signs that include irritation, acne, and redness on the skin.
- Exfoliation: The presence of natural enzymes in honey makes it a great exfoliator. It gently works on the skin and removes the dead skin cells. (1)
Side-Effects Of Using Honey On Your Face
Honey is mostly safe to apply on the face, but some people can be allergic to it. It may not be suitable for people who have an allergy to celery, or pollen. It is advised to perform a patch test on the skin before you apply honey.
- To do this test, you need to take a drop of honey and apply it to your skin.
- Now, wait for 24 hours to check if you get any adverse reaction in the form of redness, swelling, itching, or irritation.
If you do not come across any of these signs, then it indicates that your skin is not allergic to honey and you can use it without any worries. In such a case, Honey and Lemon for the face could be beneficial for you. (2)
Advantages Of Using Lemon For Face
Lemon is another extremely potent ingredient for skincare. Here are some of its beneficial properties:
- Antioxidant: Lemon juice has high levels of vitamin C in it. This is an effective antioxidant that aids in lowering premature aging, and skin damage.
- Lightens your complexion: Lemon comprise of acids that naturally lighten the complexion of the skin. It clears acne scars, blackheads, blemishes, suntan, discoloration and age spots.
- Antifungal: Lemon juice possesses antifungal properties that have the ability to destroy Candida fungus strains present on the skin.
- Astringent qualities: Lemon has high amounts of pH levels, that can reduce oiliness on the skin and fights against inflammation. It is suggested for people who have oily skin. (3)
Side-Effects Of Using Lemon On The Face
Lemon is an acidic fruit that contains high amounts of natural fruit acids. Its low pH level further contributes to its acidic nature. So, when you apply it alone on the skin, it can cause irritation or burning sensation on the skin. It can be very discomforting for people with sensitive skin. Here are a few side effects that you may come across when you apply lemon juice directly on the skin.
- Skin irritation: It is seen in the form of dryness, redness, peeling, and flakiness. These side effects can become worse if you have sensitive skin. Do not use any of these ingredients if you have red, itchy, or swollen skin.
- Sensitivity to Sun’s UV rays: Lemon can cause a form of skin reaction termed as “phytophotodermatitis” when the essence of this citrus fruit is exposed to sunlight. It can lead to redness, swelling, blister-like patches on the skin.
- Vitiligo: It is a skin condition that can lead to large-sized white spots on the skin. The use of lemon can enhance the possibilities of occurrence of this condition.
- Sunburn: Application of lemon can make your skin more susceptible to causing sunburn.
Due to the above reasons, it is always suggested to apply lemon in a combination of any moisturizing ingredient. Due to soothing and calming properties of honey, lemon and honey combination is effective and safe on the skin. There are a few other ingredients that can be a safer substitute for the skin in comparison to lemon. This includes cucumber, green tea, yogurt, Aloe Vera and more.
Like honey, you may need to perform a patch test in case of lemon too. Follow the above steps using lemon juice and see whether it causes any adverse reaction on your face. (4)
How To Ensure Safe Impact Of Honey And Lemon On The Face?
If you want to reap the purported benefits of topical application of honey and lemon, then you should pay attention to the below steps:
- Always perform a patch test using both the ingredients on your skin. Confirm that you develop no sensitivity or allergic reaction towards any of these ingredients
- Do not stay for a long time in the sun. This will help you avoid sunburn
- Use a small quantity of lemon juice when using it on the face
Can I Use Lemon And Honey On My Face Every Day?
No. Lemon and honey should not be applied daily on the skin. This is because lemon is a highly effective skin exfoliator. Regular application can cause damage to your skin. Your skin may become sensitive and develop redness, irritation and other discomforting signs.
Commonly Asked Questions
Do honey and lemon lighten skin?
Yes. Lemon juice exhibits remarkable skin lightening properties. To lessen your skin complexion, add a teaspoon lemon juice and a teaspoon honey. Mix well and apply on skin. Wash it off after fifteen minutes.
Is lemon good for face every day?
No. Lemon shows high acidic properties that can harm the skin if you use it daily. People with oily skin, can use it twice a week and those who have dry skin should not use it more than once a week. In this way, you can reap its benefits without harming the skin.
Can I leave honey and lemon on the face overnight?
No. You should not keep it for more than thirty minutes on the skin. After it, rinse your skin with water and apply a moisturizer. It should not be kept overnight. Let the skin pores breathe properly and repair through the night.
Honey And Lemon For Face – Should I use it ?
Both lemon and honey are completely natural ingredients that offer several healing properties. The calming and nourishing properties of honey help to reduce the highly acidic nature of lemon. Their combination can work great if you are not allergic to any of these ingredients. People who have sensitive skin, should use more of honey and less of lemon juice in their face pack to prevent the possibilities of skin irritations, and sun damage.Share this article