If you are looking for vegetable oil beneficial for both your skin and hair, castor oil for skin and face is your best pick. Human beings have been using this oil since ancient times. The desire to have flawlessly smooth skin and bouncy, thick hair have made people explore different options.
Using Castor oil for Skin proved its ability to add health to skin and hair multiple times. Castor Oil Benefits for Skin is why people still turn to this oil even today after exhausting all the other beauty options. It is like a touch of a miracle. The oil can nourish your hair and improve your skin texture. However, before discussing the benefits of castor oil, let’s have a look at the oil. What is castor oil?
Castor Oil for Skin and Face – Defining the Miracle
Castor oil comes from castor beans. This oil has proved to possess high commercial value. Castor beans are used to manufacture different products, including soap, coating, and lubricant.
Castor oil is primarily produced in Western India, especially in Gujrat. The subtropical climate of Western India favors the cultivation of castor beans. Even though the USA also makes this oil, India remains the leader in producing castor beans.
Castor Oil for Skin and Face
Using Castor oil for face; is well-known for its medicinal qualities. People use this oil to treat their hair-related problems. Given below are the key benefits of castor oil for hair.
- Castor oil is rich in anti-inflammatory qualities. It also possesses ricinoleic acid. Therefore, this oil has the power to sooth skin and remove skin irritation.
- Dandruff is a serious issue. It causes hair loss. Castor oil is well capable of treating dandruff and promoting hair growth.
- Skin infection is a key reason of skin damage and hair loss. Castor oil’s medicinal properties help reducing this infection and improving the health of the scalp.
- Omega fatty acid is good for skin repair and skin texture. Castor oil is rich in omega fatty acid. This is the reason applying castor oil promotes healthy skin.
- Premature hair graying is a serious problem. Using Castor oil for face also reduces this issue and promotes healthy, dark hair.
- Castor oil for is popular for its ability to treat damaged skin. Its antioxidant quality improves skin health and treats skin damages.
- This oil is natural skin mostiourizer. It is known to moisturize skin and add softness to the skin volume.
Castor Oil Benefits for Skin
Castor oil is not only beneficial for hair, but it also improves skin texture as well. Regular use of castor oil offers a healing effect to the skin. Given below is a list of skin benefits which this oil offers.
- Castor oil’s antibacterial properties helps in reducing acne related problems. The oil does not only treat acne, it combats the acne causing bacteria as well.
- This is a great skin moisturizer. If you are suffering from dry skin related problems, pick castor oil without hesitation. It will moisturize your skin and will improve the skin texture.
- Sunburn can cause great damage to the skin. Castor oil for skin possesses the power to treat sunburn by reducing pain and irritation. The rich anti-inflammatory properties of the oil helps in treating sunburn by soothing the affected area.
- Regular use of castor oil can treat skin puffiness. The oil has the properties to remove under eye lines and reduce puffiness from the area.
How to use Castor Oil for Skin
Castor oil is readily available in the market. You can get it from any shop or online store. The oil offers a wide array of benefits to hair and skin. However, it might not be easy to use castor oil.
While using Castor Oil for Skin or fact, its thick texture makes application a little complicated. Due to the thickness of the oil, you will face a challenge in rubbing castor oil for skin, on your Epidermis Layer. While using Castor Oil for Skin – you would have to mix this oil with some carrier oil.
This oil blends well with coconut oil. Therefore, you can easily pick this coconut oil as the carrier oil. The combination of castor oil and coconut oil is beneficial for both skin and hair.
If you don’t want to use coconut oil, you can pick olive oil as well. Castor oil works well with olive oil. The mixture of almond oil and castor oil also works like wonder for skin and hair.
Shea Butter is another ingredient that goes well with castor oil. You can use a mixture of shea butter and castor oil to prepare a massage cream. Regular use of this cream will add a healthy glow to your skin.
How to use Castor Oil for Face
While using Castor Oil for the face, first make sure it doesn’t give any allergic reactions to your skin. It’s very unlikely, but you may encounter issues while applying castor oil to the face.
To use Castor Oil for Face, Soak a Cotton ball in Castor Oil and apply it over your face, after 15 minutes wipe your face using a wet towel or tissue. Wash your face after 30 minutes and you’re all good to go.
Those who’ve oily skin should try aloe vera for the face instead.
Castor Oil Side Effects
Everything comes with some side effects. Castor oil might cause some mild side effects too. Using Castor Oil for Skin have some side effects, which is the reason you should know about the possible side effects of this oil before using it.
Castor oil might lead to skin irritation. However, it does not cause severe irritation. Therefore, you can still use the oil by adding adequate carrier oil to it.
If you are using this oil to treat eye puffiness, you need to be careful. It is essential to keep the oil from entering your eyes. While applying Castor Oil to Skin may cause eye irritation. It might cause eye discomfort as well. If your eyes get affected by castor oil, make sure to wash them off with cold water immediately.
Safe to use Castor Oil for Skin
Castor oil is a multi-purpose oil with a plethora of benefits. However, there are precautions you need to take while using it. Always buy castor oil from well-known companies. To get the full help of the oil, use organic castor oil or cold-pressed castor oil.
In addition, you must always perform a patch test before applying it to your skin or scalp. Apply a little oil and use it on your wrist. Wait for fifteen minutes to see whether you are sensitive to the oil or not.
It is better to consult a medical expert if you are prone to an allergic reaction. Sometimes castor oil elevates the allergic skin condition. Therefore, to be safe, seek medical advice before using this oil.Share this article